Monday, December 3, 2007

Does GPS Vehicle Tracking Equate To 'Big Brother?'

When people ask about my business, I tell them, ?My company offers GPS vehicle tracking systems.? Their response lets me know whether they are an employee or a business owner.
The first words out of the mouth of an employee is: ?Sounds like ?Big Brother? to me.? Oh no, not ?Big Brother!? Visions of mind-controlled drones working like slaves come to mind and they quickly walk away.
?Big Brother?? What is wrong with a business monitoring their vehicles? Or making sure their employees are doing what they?re being paid to do? Who owns these vehicles, anyway? Does the owner have a right to know how they?re being used?
Now, don?t get me wrong. I believe employees should be trusted and treated as adults. But, if you?ve ever driven a rental vehicle differently th View the rest of this article


No comments: