Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Simple Sales Strategy: What To Say When Asked For A Discount

Has anyone ever said to you, "Your price is too high and I'd like a discount." In this article I outline two approaches for responding to this comment. One of the approaches even has the potential for you to make a bigger sale than you originally anticipated. Curious?
First, giving discounts in the right way may well be the most appropriate thing to do. Conversely, giving a discount in the wrong way can not only lose you a sale but could lose you all possible future sales from a potential client. Read on to see what I mean.
Just suppose you say "yes" and immediately give a discount. What do you think this potential client now thinks?:
* You seem desperate for the sale.
* I wonder how far you will lower your price. Mmmm, maybe I should ask for an even View the rest of this article


No comments: