Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Your Children Are On Their Own Soul's Journey

In a phone session with Gerald, one of my clients, he expressed to me that he was feeling very sad about his son, Luc. Luc, 29 years old, was not doing much with his life, and Gerald was berating himself for how he had parented Luc.
?I should have spent more time with him. I should have motivated him more. I should have been a better role model. I should have been more firm with him.? On and on he went, judging himself for how he had been as a parent.
?Gerald,? I said, ?Luc is on his own soul?s journey. Even if you had been a perfect parent ? and none of us really knows what that means ? Luc might still be having the challenges he is having.?
?Really? Wow! That makes me feel much better! I never thought of it that way. Tell me more about what you mean by View the rest of this article


No comments: