Monday, October 1, 2007

Pondering the Important Issues

I actually bought a Sunday paper this past weekend, something I haven't done for a while. Reading about all the problems in the world just tends to detract from my retirement euphoria. A person can get a serious ulcer thinking about all of this stuff. I mean, the idea of a radicalized Iran with nukes isn't very comforting. Nor is the ongoing uncertainty about the price of oil. The election victory of HAMAS is kind of a bummer, and no one seems to have a clue about the economy. And I won't even mention the fact I've been afraid to check my stock market portfolio since January.

On the other hand, I do want to be responsible and keep track of what is going on the the world. Consequently, I will pick up another Sunday paper in about a year to see how th View the rest of this article


No comments: