Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Beginners Guide on How to Paint a Wall Mural

Obviously the first thing you need to do is figure out what to paint on the wall. When I know what I want to paint, I typically follow that up by finding different representations, photos, drawings to use as a reference, or by going to a location to take some pictures that I can use as a model. For example, if I wanted to paint a seascape I might drive around the beach area where I look for objects or scenery I want to include in my painting. Most times I am piecing together a scene to create my mural.

Once you have what you need to put together your scene, painting the background first is essential. I start at the top and work my way down. So I lay down the sky first, then the horizon, where I may have mountains, trees, water or land. After I have my backgro View the rest of this article


No comments: