Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Problem With Business Is People!

The problem with business is people as the old joke goes however there are truth in those words. I deal with failing companies as a line of endeavor and from experience I can tell you that the single largest factor in companies that fail are the people. This is not something that I say lightly; generally speaking the root cause of the problem generally lies with the management and more time than not their lack of “people skills”. I have been in situations where managers adopt the “flog them until they drop” approach to managing the workforce. These situations never produce the desired result in fact they tend to stifle any positive outcome. I had the benefit of working for a company and in particular a manager early in my professional career who taught me wha View the rest of this article


No comments: